Sunday, October 19, 2008

One WORD...



While reading a novel
I came across a word unheard, unknown
Searching the word in google
It struck me, how about one for own

Relevant minimal words have maximal impact
Will a single word keep the sense intact?
Sounds strange for a single word
To paint a personal world
An individual, character and soul
And draw lines on the person whole
This interesting thought got me excited
Jotting down words, I got started
Missing a single one made me frown
Categorizing them as adjective and noun

Lot many words touched my periphary
Gosh! I realized a few were contrary
High-spirited yet lazy
Even-tempered yet crazy
Extrovert yet Diffident
Naif yet independent

These words did describe me in some way
But still were like an act of the play
With incomplete justice to all the characters
Not capturing the spirit which really matters
Continuing the search, I pinged my friends, colleagues
With the question that to few I guess, intrigues
Some were really excited and prompt
rest mocked with funny words of contempt

I got - Funny, alive, trustworthy, upbeat
Initiator and sensitive, got me on my feet
Chaman, a**ole also brought the heat
One that brought in my eye a glint
Was a close friend who called me "Mint"
At first I couldn't get the meaning
She detailed - its cool and refreshing

Unable to converge to a word so genuine
Insatiated, I decided to coin and maintain - Jainuine!

Do let know your views, if only for fun!
:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jainuinely pleased to read this post! Stud-shayar ... you need to brand these odes ... jain-odes!!

Ashwin said...

bah! i thought ull blog about the girl you saw @ spencers

Unknown said...

hey...genuinly...a great story behind ur choosing such a multi meaning word....

Riddhi said...

this is really kool
guess i too will go lookin for 1 such wrd :)

Ankita Joshi said...

mInD BlOwInG..!!!

Mukul Tewari said...

what a stuff man...........

simply superb.......... while reading your blog mind gets so involved that nothing else can come in mind... keep up ur gud wrk dude.